Saturday, July 26, 2014

SumoBoo, Taman Anggrek Mall

It's like everyone is talking about Sumoboo these days and it definitely made me eagerly to find out how good it is. A couple week ago, I went to Sumoboo in Pantai Indah Kapuk but the line was so long. My colleague and I were already too tired to wait thus we ended up in Capitea.

When I heard, Sumoboo opened its branch in Taman Anggrek mall, I was pretty excited to give it a try.

I went there with my ex-colleague yesterday. It was around 10 am. I couldn't believe it to see there was already a line. All the tables were occupied.

I looked to the menu and wanted to order the Nutella bomb as being recommended by a lot of people. Too bad, it was not ready and the waitress could not tell when it would be ready. I asked for other desserts but most of them are not available at this branch yet.  

At the end, I ordered
SumoBoo Kakigori - Rp. 45.000
On the menu it says, this dessert contains of red beans, green tea ice cream, egg pudding, big boba, mochi, sliced almond, taro and nata de coco. I could not find the big boba (well, there were three white bobas but not big, ordinary size of boba), then I wondered where were the taro and nata de coco? I dug under the shredded ice covered with chocolate powder but nothing was there. 

I was quite disappointed when I tried this dessert. Nothing special about the taste. Totally lack of originality.
Current currency:
1 USD = Rp. 11.600
All prices are subjected to 10% tax and 5% service charge

Location:
SumoBoo
Mal Taman Anggrek
Level 4 #460
Jl. Jend S. Parman
West Jakarta

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs